A well-made blazer can make denim dressy, party dresses polished, accentuate curves or make us look five pounds lighter! White is a hot colour for blazers this season – making me ahead of the trend as I spent much of last season searching for one with no luck. This season that all changed! White blazers are in abundance and I was elated to stumble onto the perfect one at Simons.
Turns out my perfect white blazer is the Yang to my favourite black blazer: 3/4 sleeves, winter white, rounded hem. Side note: The word Yin comes out to mean “shady side” and Yang “sunny side”.
Blazers have joined the ranks of t-shirts as a style-staple, meaning every woman should have a few in her arsenal. Here’s what to look for:
- It should be fitted across the shoulders, but not stretched tight.
- A classic fitted business style blazer hem should skim your hipbone.
- If buying a full sleeve, they should hit mid-thumb when your arms are straight in front of you.
- You should be able to button it without pulling, but it should retain its silhouette when worn open.
- If you are between sizes, or any part of the blazer is too small, size up and hit the tailor.
Rack up some serious style points this season and grab yourself one of these beauties: